Communication in the African Home – My Family (Part 2)
In this episode, we continue our conversations from part one of “Communication in the African Home.”
As we continue discussing our lives living and growing up in an African household, we dive into our experiences and talk about the lessons and values that our parents instilled in us.
Be sure to check out part one of this series.
[00:01 – 20:21] Prepare Your Children for the Future
- Training the kids to become well-rounded individuals and preparing them for whatever challenge life throws at them
- Teach them life skills that would be necessary where ever they are
- Values that you should instill in your children
- We talk about the lessons we learned from our parents that prepared us for the outside world
[20:22 – 28:09] Be There for Your Children
- Always be there for your children – we share why.
- We talk about how our parents were always there to support us through any situation.
- Annoying things that our parents do. Did your parents do the same?
[28:10 – 35:29] Closing Segment
- We play the “who’s most likely to?” game.
- Final words of wisdom from our parents
LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you!
You can connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our website www.livingafricanpodcast.com for more resources and to learn more.
You can connect with Anyoh on Facebook (@anyohf), Instagram (@anyohfombad), and Twitter (@anyohfombad).