Communication in the African Home – My Family (Part 1)
In this episode of Living African, we discuss the need for communication in a household. In our case, an African household and my guests today are my lovely family to give you a perspective on the dynamics in an African home.
As we know, communication within the family is important so that we can enable everyone to express their thoughts, needs, wants, and concerns. Open and honest communication creates an environment where the family members can be vulnerable—giving each other the chance to understand one another and embrace their differences.
[00:01 – 06:22] Opening Segment
- My family introduces themselves
- The purpose of this episode
[06:23 – 24:47] Communication in the African Home
- We talk about what it’s like growing up in our home
- The importance of communication in the family
- Discussing the struggles of life – teaching the kids the necessary skills to survive and preparing them for the future.
- Instilling discipline the right way
[24:48 – 32:59] Discipline by Beating
- Our parents share their thoughts on disciplining children by beating
- We share funny stories from our childhood
“We believe that we have to make our kids be part of us. We have to make our kids know who we are.” – Grace Fombad
LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you!
You can connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our website www.livingafricanpodcast.com for more resources and to learn more.
You can connect with Anyoh on Facebook (@anyohf), Instagram (@anyohfombad), and Twitter (@anyohfombad).