Don’t Suffer in Silence – A Mental Health Story with Patience Abonge (Part 2)
This is part two of our interview with Patience Abonge.
Let’s continue to listen to her story of struggles from mental health illnesses and the various steps she took that helped her through those troubling times.
[00:01 – 18:58] Depression
- Patience talks about her fall back into depression in the year 2019
- We talk about a girl that has bipolar disorder and psychosis
- Stop victim-blaming
[18:59 – 29:57] Battling the Stigma
- I share some of my personal and our family’s struggles
- Abolishing the stigma around families that has members with disabilities
- What you can do to help and support people fighting against mental illnesses
[29:58 – 42:33] Healing
- Patience’s advice to other people suffering from mental illnesses
- Final words of encouragement
- Connect with Patience. Links available below.
“People with mental illness are not attention seekers.” – Patience Abonge
LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you!
You can connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, or send us an email at email@example.com. Check out our website www.livingafricanpodcast.com for more resources and to learn more.
You can connect with Anyoh on Facebook (@anyohf), Instagram (@anyohfombad), and Twitter (@anyohfombad).