018: How Domestic Violence Affects Children W/ Vanessa
Going back to an older conversation about Domestic Violence with an anonymous guest we call Vanessa. Though we’re in our #pridemonth series, we had to add these conversations since it also falls in how we relate to people in the family.
Children really go through a lot when there is violence in the home but it’s not talked about. We focus on the woman and men in those relationships but overlook the effects the violence has on the children. Let’s listen to the full episode now.
- How she came to realize her mom was being abused.
- How the family was broken
- The effects on the children
- How the mom was engaged into saving the marriage
- How the society contributed to the abuse
- The effects of this experience on the mom
- How the brothers took it
- How the experience affected her view on relationships.
- How she started her healing process
- What lessons she has learned from the experience
- What the society can do better
- Anyoh shared things we can do stop Domestic Violence
- How the Mom is healing
- If you see something – you have to speak up
- Governments roles to play
You can connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, or send us an email at email@example.com. Check out our website www.livingafricanpodcast.com for more resources and to learn more.