015: The LGBTQIA+ Community vs The Church – w/Pastor Johnson Bong
In continuation of honoring the Pride Month, we know members of the LGBTQIA+ community dust off their rainbow flags and douse themselves in glitter with parades, festivals, and concerts across the globe but the African Church stands tall against this community and has formed a very complex relationship with people of the LGBTQIA+ community.
In this Episode 15, our guest is Pastor Johnson Bong (He is one of the Pastors of Grace Community Church Outreach in Manchester, UK). He joined us as we spark uncomfortable, but very necessary, conversations that challenge how the Church treats the LGBTQIA+ in the African community.
[00:01 – 02:30] Opening Segment
- Introduction of Guest and Topic
[02:31 – 21:30] Pastor Johnson Talks About the Church’s Perspective
- His Perspective and the Church’s Perspective.
- How we’re to treat the LGBTQIA+ Community.
- He explains Salvation in three Stages.
[21:31 – 43:40] Pastor Johnson Disagrees on Some Points
- He insists on not giving the LGBTQIA+ the opportunity to serve.
- He asks to pray for the LGBTQIA+ community and the host disagrees.
[43:41 – 1:09:23] The Host (Anyoh Fombad) Counters some Points made by Pastor Johnson Bong
- The Host questions some biblical terms and languages.
- The host Suggests a book the Guest disapproves of.
- Difficult but necessary questions and conversations.
“People keep pointing figures to the wrong of other people when they also have similar wrongs in their lives.” – Pastor Johnson Bong
“People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” – Pastor Johnson Bong
Contact Pastor Johnson Bong: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you!
You can connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, or send us an email at email@example.com. Check out our website www.livingafricanpodcast.com for more resources and to learn more.
You can connect with Anyoh on Facebook (@anyohf), Instagram (@anyohfombad), and Twitter (@anyohfombad).